On Father’s day, my sister in law brought a homemade edible arrangement for everyone to enjoy! It was beautiful and delicious…a work of art! So when I was trying to figure out what to make for the 4th of July, it popped into my mind and I thought it would be a perfect treat because it’s relatively healthy, simple and quick to throw together, and it incorporates all the patriotic colors. In total, it took me less than 20 minutes to put it together from start to finish! So if you find yourself trying to figure out what to make Wednesday morning, run to Target, grab the goods, and run home to create this masterpiece in time for your party! I guarantee the hostess will be blown away!
5 tips for putting the arrangement together with ease:
- Pull off several layers of lettuce before placing (or shoving-you want it to be a secure and tight fit) it in vase/vessel
- Before doing anything else, place marshmallows on skewers, dip them in chocolate and sprinkles, and lay on wax paper to set
- Push marshmallow skewers into head of lettuce before anything else. Then, push the pineapple star skewers in. Think of the strawberries and blueberries as filler. The sprinkles and stars will stand out, so their placement is the most important.
- Use a star shaped cookie cutter to make pineapple stars.
- Insert strawberry and blueberry skewers into lettuce without fruit. Then, add the fruit to make sure you are arranging it with the red, blue, and white spread out. This also helps to push the skewers in with ease and without damaging fruit from squeezing it to push it further into head of lettuce.
3 things I’d do different next time:
- Dip all the marshmallows on a stick in white chocolate and cover in sprinkles
- Use smaller diameter skewers (linked below). I used skewers I had in the pantry we purchased for roasting marshmallows at our wedding after party, so they were longer and thicker in diameter. This made it difficult to slide the blueberries onto the skewers without breaking them in half. It also required breaking the skewers in half, using scissors first to make a weak spot in the middle.
- Make it within hours of eating. If not, you will want to put it in the fridge to keep the fruit fresh. This means removing the marshmallow skewers because you don’t want them to get hard.
Happy Fourth of July! I hope you have a wonderful time with friends and family! Scroll down for links to all the ingredients!