Disclosure: We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Bubble, balloon, puffy sleeves (whatever you want to call them) were big in the 80s. They were puffy around the shoulders and tapered in at the wrists. Now, they are back in style, but with a different twist. The new bubble sleeve is slimmer at the shoulder and gradually widens until cinching at the forearm or wrist. I purchased a bubble sleeve dress from Marshall’s less than 2 weeks ago and have worn it three times since. It is comfortable and versatile, and I’ve received numerous compliments when wearing it. It’s functional for work or going out and can be worn with flats, boots, or mules. It easily transitions from spring and summer with open toe mules or wedges, to fall and winter with a vest, tights, or over-the- knee boots. Clothing that transitions through all four seasons gets an A in my book. It is an essential component to a functional wardrobe. So today, I’m sharing a few of my favorite bubble sleeve dresses for you.
1. Black Diamante Embellished Shift Dress from Dorothy Perkins
2. Bubble Sleeve Sweater Dress from Alexandra Roo Boutique
3. Until Tomorrow Print Babydoll Dress from Nordstrom
4. Sweater Knit Mock Bubble Sleeve Dress from Belk
5. Embroidered Balloon Sleeve Skater Dress from Nordstrom
6. Babe Bubble Sleeve Sweater Dress from Swank Boutique
7. Travel Dramatic Sleeve Dress from Boston Proper
8. Bubble Sleeve Sweater Dress from Haute Rebel
I’ve even included a few maternity picks! Both of these options are from Dorothy Perkins. Gray options and plus size are also available.
1. Maternity Jersey Frill Sleeve Skater Dress from Dorothy Perkins
2. Maternity Black Soft Touch Balloon Sleeve Shift Dress from Dorothy Perkins
If you grab any of these adorable and functional bubble sleeve dresses (or find more great options), I’d love to see how you style them! Tag me @oldnewriverview on Instagram or Facebook! I may even update my post to add your recommendations!